Elizabeth made these cornflakes cookies & gave us a bottle. Its very crunchy & not too sweet. Thanks Elizabeth for sharing with us your cornflakes cookies. Yummy :)
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Elizabeth taught me how to make pineapple tarts, it is very nice & the dough is very light and it looks very pretty !! Thanks Elizabeth for teaching me & sharing with us your delicious pineapple tart :)
Pineapple tarts just out from the oven. You can omit the cloves if u don't want to put.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
I got this recipe from Ellena's blogsite. I cooked this thai style deep fried dou fu for dinner last night. Its very nice & appetising, the tou fu is crispy on the outside, soft inside. best eaten when its hot. Thanks Ellena for sharing your recipe with us.
1 Packet of Pressed Doufu,板豆腐
3-4 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Beaten Egg
1. Soaked the whole box of doufu in water for about 1-2 hours(this is to harden to doufu for deep-frying purpose).
2. Remove the doufu from the packing then cut into 12 equal pieces then use kitchen paper towel to dry it well.
3. Next coat the doufu pieces with some cornstarch then dip in beaten egg and coat with cornstarch again.
4. Set it aside for 1-2 minutes before deep-frying it in hot oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. 5. Drain and set aside.
Ingredients For Salad Base:
1 Japanese cucumber
1 Medium Carrot
1 Red Apple/Mango
1 Medium Tomato, cut into wedges
Rind Of 1 Lemon
1. Wash all the above, shred them finely, mix well and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Set aside in the fridge while you prepare the doufu.
Sweet & Spicy Sauce:
2 Tablespoon Thai-style Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Small Red Chilli, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Drinking Water
2 Tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Cloves Of Garlic, finely grated
Juice Of Half Lemon
1/2 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Coriander
1. Mix all the above ingredients together in a small bowl and stir till well combined.
2. Set aside for later use.(you can prepare it ahead and place in the fridge)
Assemble The Dish:
1. Remove the salad from the fridge.
2. Arrange the tomato wedges around the plate.
3. Place the fried doufu on the plate, then put the salad on top, then drizzle the sauce evenly on the doufu and salad, serve hot.