My Bakings

My Bakings

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lemon Passionfruit Curd

I saw this recipe in the sunday's newspaper life page & i got quite a lot of passion fruit in my fridge, so i decided to try it out. Its got a nice refreshing taste and a bit of sour taste because of the lemon, but you can add more sugar if you like it to be sweeter. I eat it for breakfast with my toast.

Lemon Passionfruit Curd ready to be be eaten.

Cooking the lemon & passionfruit over a pot of water.

Ingredients :
6 Passionfruit
6 Lemon (zest the skin)

450g Sugar
250g Cold Unsalted Butter (cut into smaller pieces)
8 eggs

Method :
1) Zest the lemon using fine grater or microplane grater, set aside, then juice the lemons, you should get about 250ml of lemon juice.
2) Bring a pot of water to simmer, then sit a glass or metal bowl over the pot, making sure the bowl does not come into contact with the water.
3) Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, butter and sugar into the bowl.
4) Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until the sugar and butter has melted.
5)Add the passionfruit pulp in and stir.
6) Crack the eggs into a bowl and use a folk to break the yolks, the use a strainer to strain the eggs into the curd mixture, continue to stir.
7) After 20 mins or so, the curd will start to thicken, keep stirring the mixture, when it coats the back of the spoon, it is ready.
8) Take the bowl off the pot, and spoon the curd into clean glass jar, cover when completely cooled.

1 comment:

HoLang said...

I LUV lemon curd! You know that book - the Nigella Lawson one? I use that recipe and I make lemon tarts - so yummy on a hot day!